May 13 Reflection: Big Idea, Big Why
What is the big idea or question you started with for your project?
How is that idea or question reflected in your artwork?
May 14 Reflection: Time & Learning
Describe the process of your work on this project.
What new technical art skills did you have to learn?
Did you use your classroom time wisely? Why or why not?
May 16 Reflection: Challenges
Describe a challenge you faced during this project and how you overcame it?
Describe a risk you took?
May 17 Reflection: Final Project
Describe what makes your artwork thought provoking?
Describe how your artwork is original and expresses your point of view?
Days 3 & 4: Fill a Shape with Text
Skills you need to learn/practice:
- Layer one – shape
- Layer two – text (below)
- Highlight and select both
- Select Object > Envelope Distort -> Make with Top Object
- Select Edit envelope
- Use Direct Selection tool
- Find an anchor and start pulling
- Create text
- Adjust font as desired
- Use Selection tool
- Right-click -> Create Outlines
- Select Object -> Envelope Distort -> Make mesh -> 3X3
- Move into place with Selection tool
- Adjust with Direct Selection tool
Days 1 & 2: Spirograph Challenge
Create Unity Day themed images for buttons.
- If you are using Piskel and you want to add text, it will be easier to add text using another image editor. So, first export image (600×600) from piskel. If you are on a Mac, you can open image in Preview, then select Tools -> Annotate -> Text. You can then add text, move, change size, font & color.
Upload your designs on this padlet.
Self-Assessment: Get paper copy of self-assessment from Ms. Wilkens and complete! You will go to Ms. Koscielny next Visual Arts day.