Package Project Steps
- Pick a partner or work alone. If working with a partner, you must complete 2 versions of your design.
- Check out these package designs for inspiration.
- Pick a product. It can be real or you can invent one. If it exists, make sure that your package design is not a copy of what already exists.
- Pick a package template, book template or CD cover template.
- Brainstorm package/cover idea & get sign-off from Ms. Wilkens.
- Print out a template and draw out your ideas/layout on paper & get sign-off from Ms. Wilkens.
- Write a list of all the elements that are part of your package design, eg. logo, product info, product image, ingredients, background, text, etc. Then write that list up as your first padlet entry.
- Pick digital tools to use and start creating assets. Use your padlet to save and share assets.
Minimum required elements (B Effort)
- Purpose of the package/cover is clear and relevant to the target audience
- Images used in package/cover are original
- Package/cover demonstrates effective use of contrast
- Package/cover demonstrates effective use of repetition
- Package/cover demonstrates effective use of alignment
- Package/cover demonstrates effective use of proximity
- Package/cover demonstrates effective use of colors
- Package/cover demonstrates effective use of typography
- Package/cover has no spelling or grammatical errors
- Package/cover is legible
- Package/cover is nicely assembled
- If you work as a team, each member needs to produce a different version of the package/cover
- Package/cover/reflection is turned in on time
Minimum required elements (A Effort)
- Your branding of the package/cover is unique & creative
- Package/cover/reflection demonstrates effective use of digital arts tools
- Package/cover demonstrates an overall understanding of the principles of design
At the end of every class, you will update your padlet with screenshots of images you are working on for your package design as well as answering the questions: What did you accomplish? What are you going to work on next? Is anything blocking you?
Due Date: 12/13 (6 days)
- Go through the Package Project checklist & verify you have completed everything.
- Upload the digital artifacts from your package design as well as an image of your physical package on your blog.
- Explain how your package design demonstrates each of the following: contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity, colors and typography.
- Find an image for each design principle.
- It must be part of a product’s package. Think of things you purchase that come in boxes, bottles, containers, or book/album covers.
- Post image on the matching padlet below.
- If an image has already been posted, find another one, you cannot post the same image as someone else.
- When you find an image, right-click and copy image location
- When you share on padlet
- Title: First name(s)
- Description: cite web source
- Link: copy image location
Finished? Try out weavesilk.com. Screenshot at least one image you created and identify it’s design principles as your padlet reflection today.