- Contrast – difference between color, value, size
- Desaturate – make colors more muted (more black or white added)
- Displacement mapping – gives the surface a sense of depth and detail
- Filter – individual algorithms that alter the appearance of an image
- Gradient – specifies a range of position-dependent colors, usually used to fill a shape
- Download this brick wall image to use (source: Pixels)
- Do not download a font. Find one you can use in Photoshop. Be sure it has a bold option.
- Pick ONE word to turn into graffiti. Size it as large as possible on the wall.
- After first day, be sure to save your work and screenshot. Add the screenshot to your Padlet.
- Reflection on Graffiti Project: What did you enjoy and what did you find challenging?
- Reflection on Digital Arts T1: What was the most important thing you learned during Digital Arts in T1? What would you like to learn next in Digital Arts?
- Create your button(s)
- Do a challenge:
- Create a custom brush with Processing and create a work of art.
- Create a logo using shapes in Illustrator.
- Take a selfie and try out the different filters in Photoshop.
- Create a funny, but appropriate image, using layers and transparency in Photoshop.
Go to Ms. Koscielny tomorrow!
- DPI – dots per inch
- Font – typeface, size and weight of text
- Path – a line or curve with anchor points
- PPI – pixels per inch
- Serif vs. Sans Serif
- Experiment with text on a path
- Create a shape -> Shape Tool
- Create a curve -> Pen Tool
- Draw a path -> right-click on Shaper Tool and select Pencil Tool
- Experiment with Text on each of these objects
- Right-click on Text and select Text on a Path
- Select a point on the path of shape, curve or drawing.
- Move text around and try out different fonts, sizes, colors.
- NOTE: Need an inspirational quote for your text? Check here.
Take a screenshot of your experiment. On your Padlet share file and reflect: What did you learn? What is your plan for your button?
Create 3 Buttons
- Create a circle and try out gradients
- You will create 3 buttons with text on a path inside circle:
- Button 1: Imagine, Discover, Create
- Button 2: Motivational Quote (don’t forget to give credit)
- Button 3: Your Choice (appropriate
- Create each button separately and export each as .PNG (with transparent background)
- Upload each to your Padlet and reflect: What did enjoy about this activity? What did you find challenging?
- Finished early? Create something in Piskel, Photoshop or Illustrator OR explore Processing.