- DPI – dots per inch
- Font – typeface, size and weight of text
- Path – a line or curve with anchor points
- PPI – pixels per inch
- Serif vs. Sans Serif
- Experiment with text on a path
- Create a shape -> Shape Tool
- Create a curve -> Pen Tool
- Draw a path -> right-click on Shaper Tool and select Pencil Tool
- Experiment with Text on each of these objects
- Right-click on Text and select Text on a Path
- Select a point on the path of shape, curve or drawing.
- Move text around and try out different fonts, sizes, colors.
- NOTE: Need an inspirational quote for your text? Check here.
Take a screenshot of your experiment. On your Padlet share file and reflect: What did you learn? What is your plan for your button?
Create 3 Buttons
- Create a circle and try out gradients
- You will create 3 buttons with text on a path inside circle:
- Button 1: Imagine, Discover, Create
- Button 2: Motivational Quote (don’t forget to give credit)
- Button 3: Your Choice (appropriate
- Create each button separately and export each as .PNG (with transparent background)
- Upload each to your Padlet and reflect: What did enjoy about this activity? What did you find challenging?
- Finished early? Create something in Piskel, Photoshop or Illustrator OR explore Processing.