Create an image collage!
Find images for collage
- Search for 6 objects that are meaningful to you. For example, I would look for a corgi, butterfly, skates, electric bike, Scratch icon & tech-girls logo.
- Use Save Image As to download each image to your computer.
- Create a google doc, where you can keep track of website where image came from to cite later, for example this butterfly image comes from Wikimedia Commons.
- For any object that does not have a transparent background, follow this GIMP tutorial to crop out your object.
- Save each object using File -> Save As.
Add images to collage:
- Create a new file in GIMP by selecting File -> New then enter 1280 x 720 as image size.
- Open one of your saved object by selecting File -> Open. You will now have 2 GIMP windows open. Select Edit -> Copy from object window.
- Select Edit -> Paste as -> New Layer from collage window.
- Use Scale Tool to resize (hold Shift key down while resizing to keep perspective).
- Use Move Tool to move object into place.
- Repeat process until all objects are each new layers on collage image.
- If you have time, you can create a background image for your collage. If not, go to the Background layer and paint bucket a color in.
- When you are done
Reflect: When your collage is complete, select File -> Export As a .png file and then upload to your padlet. Copy your image citations as your reflection. Note, even if you did not complete the project, take a screen shot of what you did and reflect.
Self-Assessment: Get paper copy of self-assessment and complete! Afterwards, you will meet individually with Ms. Wilkens to go over your goal statement for T2. Your goal statement will be included in your report card.